08 February 2008

The Number Zero

I've noticed a trend: ZERO people have made comments on my beloved blog. Now this may be inaccurate due to a margin of error of +/- 50 million people or so. Actually, I hope this is the case, because in my opinion it would be a little bit neato if a negative-sum person made a comment. It would be a wonderful scientific example of anti-matter, about which I could inform my kids.

Ok, but there's quite a bit of consistency here. Zero. Zero. Zero. Zero. Not even a friggin' vote on my survey. C'mon! Now I know this is a youngster in the Great Blogosphere, but I have told a few of you about it - you know, the ones I like - and curiously, the number is unchanged: Zero.

This is actually one of the things that drove me (screaming profanities) away from the Networking sites of the current social order. (Poke me? Poke ME? Poke YOU.) I would post things, be they silly or serious, and no one - again, ZERO - would comment. I would then take that as some kind of commentary on my social standing in the minds of my Friends, and be moved to tears over their apathy.

But now I know better. Since this Blog pretty much contains less than 8.1% of Me (as defined by Top Friends, movie preferences, and Blingin' Layouts), I can finally rest assured that it had very little to do with ME, specifically. It wasn't about the container at all - it's just that no one actually CARED about interacting with what I had to say. I know that now, because once all the silly business is stripped away (and let's be honest, sending people hugs and jockeying our Top Friends around does not the world a better place make), the result is the same.


And you know what? That's ok with me. Strangely enough, I am content to send my voice out into the void of the cyberwhatsis. I know that one day, 20 generations into the future, a vast and alien intelligence will discover my writings floating around in the netherspace, and will mount a search among my descendents for a hint of the DNA that made their ancient progenitor great and sagacious.

In the meantime... would someone just leave a comment? Please? You're hurting my feelings, and I've simply run out of tears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No tears No tears...yes, yes you told me you blogged...but now that you have sent me the link...here I am. So consider yourself read..poked...or whatever fancy things happen on those social networking sites. Anyway...this is very interesting and I will subscribe and read daily..so KEEP BLOGGING! :)